Wednesday

Allow me to reintroduce myself...



I've been out of the blogging game for a good while, and now that I am back I know that some of my long time blogging buddies are gone and I am hoping to make some new pals. I thought it only right to reintroduce myself, my name is Jessica, and I am a mommy of two beautiful mixed babies (almost 3 & 3 months). I am married to my best bud, going on 7 years. We live in a wacky little house on the central coast of California (Monterey/San Francisco Bay Area). I've been blogging since 2009, you can check out the archives at: heyjayka.blogspot.com & my pregnancy blog from my first son at: discoveringalonzo.blogspot.com. You can learn a little more with the help of a fun 10 question meme...


Hello!

1. What do you go by?
Most people call me Jayka, but work and church folks still call me Jessica.

2. What's ya sign girl?
Gemini-Cancer cusp. I really used to be into this kind of thing, but I don't really care anymore.

3. If money was no object, where would you move to?
San Francisco or Chicago. SF would be nice because it's close to home, but with all of the museums and yummy food. Chicago would be awesome because it is the city that my hubby and I fell in love in, but everyone needs to stop killing each other before I can move my boys out there.

4. Did you make any resolutions for this year? What were they?
Yes, I did! I am working on getting healthy for myself and my family. I also am going to try my best to stay positive and be more assertive with people so that I can stop internalizing so many things.

5. Is there a song which can bring you to tears instantly?
The Panties by Mos Def, especially when sung by Mara Hruby.


6. What perfume do you wear?
I don't really wear a perfume. I have this thing where I can't justify to spend money on things that I really don't need, and perfume is one of those things I never really got into. I do like j'adore by Dior.

7. What is your favorite drink?
I love Dr. Pepper and milk. Not at the same time.

8. What is your favorite meal?
The meal that I am usually craving is a cheese Chicago style pizza from Giordano's. It's one of the things I miss most about Chicago!

9. Favorite book of all time?
It's a tie! I love the Happiness Project & Happier at Home. Check them out for sure!

10. Have you ever been out of the country, if so how many times?
I've been to Mexico a few times, and I've traveled to the Netherlands & England. London was the best foreign visit.

Anything else you would like to know, feel free to ask! or you may learn it in time from the posts to come.

I have all of my social media links up top, please feel free to connect with me on any or all platforms, I would love to get to know who is out there.

Let's Connect!

1 comment:

Laura said...

So fun to read all about you. And fun to know I'm an old blogger friend who has stuck around. Your eyes look amazing in the photo! I hear you on that pizza - yum! p.s. you're after my heart with loving London! xoxo