Sunday

Weight Watching, Ninja Style

(Fitness Friday a la Sunday)

Weekly Weigh-in Results:

We have a nice loss after a little gain last week. This week I missed one of my workouts and had a little fast food, but somehow managed to work it out. Sticking to my goal has been rough for me, especially on days when my lovely boys wear me out before dinner time. Most of my breakfasts and lunches are on track, it's the dinners at the end of a crazy day that have proven to be my biggest challenge.


For the past month I've lost at all but one week's weigh-in. I think a good part is due to my new activity of choice, Tang Soo Do/Tae Kwon Do classes. Growing up I started training Tae Kwon Do at the age of 5. My father and uncles were taking classes and I wanted to be just like them. As a child we moved a lot due to my parents work, so after I had reached my green advance ranking I wasn't really able to stay at any dojo consistently.
My Brother Eric, Aunt Irma, and I after a great night of training.

It's been quite a few years now that my uncle has had his studio going, and recently my brother has stepped in as the head instructor. One afternoon earlier this month I was riding in the car with my brother and we were talking about how my other brother had tested and was going to receive his red belt. All the talking gave me an itch to return to class, so that day I went back. I now have a black belt dad, couple uncles, two brothers, and another brother one color belt away from being a black belt. These guys have me thinking that I want to go back and earn my black belt as well. I've decided to start over from white belt and through accelerated testing I will eventually get back to where I should be and then work my butt off to bring home the coveted black belt that I began chasing over 25 years ago. 

Tang Soo Do/Tae Kwon Do is one of my oldest passions, and I plan to use it in combination with a healthy diet, the occasional jog, and weight training to achieve my health & fitness goals.

What get's you moving? What inspires you? What holds you back? I'd love to hear about your fitness routines, suggestions, and all that great stuff.

1 comment:

Laura said...

awesome! I love that you picked up an old hobby and it's fun and healthy for you now.