Friday

The August Break


The past few weeks I have been doing a lot of mental blogging, aka thinking and talking to myself, but it has been hard for me to actually get around to posting anything. I am trying to get better but I have piles of clothes on every chair in the living room, mail scattered on my tables, a silly toddler, a growing belly, and hours of Burn Notice to watch of Netflix, so pulling out the laptop and typing is really tough on some days. There have been days that I get home and don't see my phone again until I leave for work the next morning. I guess you can say I have been LAZY. That's what summer is for right?

Anyway, I am over summer, and I am ready for Fall and all of it's wonderful colors and warm cozy feelings. I am starting to feel slightly motivated to get things done, I am starting to get inspired once more, and I think that I am almost ready to fully commit to posting at least semi-regularly. 

Looking for inspiration to get going, I have been clicking on lots of links and stalking people's blogrolls. In those insane clicking marathons I ran across an ongoing project called "The August Break". It is a daily photo prompt with really chill rules, do it when you can, when it makes you happy, and feel free to check out others on the journey with you. So I decided this would be perfect for someone who is looking to get back into posting, needs a little inspiration, but has space to skip out a day or two. I have decided to join along with the other 668 bloggers that are giving this a shot. If you'd like to play along head over to Susannah Conway's blog and experience the magic.

First set of pictures coming Sunday... or maybe Monday.

2 comments:

Chymere A. said...

I've been just as lazy all summer long and I have no shame to speak of...so don't feel bad lol

I like this little project and may do it for instagram. It certainly takes away the pressure of posting something daily. I'm just getting back into the groove of things myself.

-Chymere Anais

Laura said...

Oh my goodness, mental blogging, YES! I am so there.