Wednesday

T.G.I.Monday or Wedensday

Santa Cruz fun day :)
Although we all love a long weekend, there is something special about the fresh start that a Monday can provide. Last week as an incredibly difficult week of me. Monday and Tuesday were good, but on Tuesday night we experienced the death of a family member who had been battling with cancer. Wednesday when I woke up and heard the news I was pretty upset. Death is always something difficult, but death by cancer is one of my greatest fears. Cancer has taken the life of too many of my family members and friends, and if not taken, then definitely impacted.

Once Wednesday evening rolled around I wasn't in the mood to do my work out, I don't even really remember what I was doing. All I remember is that I ate lots of snacks, not great ones, and didn't do much activity. On top of low energy, I was really sore from a new kettle bell workout that I tried. The sluggish feeling and bad eating carried over into the weekend.




Finally Sunday arrived, and it was a nice day out at the Monterey Bay Aquarium with our confirmation class. I felt like I had finally fallen back on track. Sunday was a nice day out, and the official return of my energy and motivation.

This week's weigh in reflected my low activity and high cal eats. I accept that I had a hard one, and I am sure that this week will not be a repeat of those actions or emotions. 


Last night we had family prayer night at our house, and it was great seeing everyone and sharing. My family's support and the strength that I get from my loving relationship with God is what I need to remember to embrace.

In preparation for next week, I have decided to finally put together a meal plan. I am trying to cut out as much processed foods as possible. For the past month and a half of this journey I have been enjoying frozen lunches, and microwavable everythings. Last week our microwave died, so it's pushing me in the right direction. I have uploaded my Weekly Meal Plan into my Goggle docs to share with anyone who is interested. It also shows my main activity for each day. In addition to the activities listed, I am also participating in the 30 day Squat Challenge, and the Mad About Yoga March Challenge, this is your official invitation to join in the fun!
 

 And just because GOD is AWESOME...
Isaiah 18:3-4
All you people of the world, you who live on the earth, when a banner is raised on the mountains, you will see it, and when a trumpet sounds, you will hear it.

This is what the Lord says to me: “I will remain quiet and will look on from my dwelling place, like shimmering heat in the sunshine, like a cloud of dew in the heat of harvest.”

2 comments:

Laura said...

Ah! Alonzo praying is the most precious, ever. And I read your plan - super impressed. You go at it, girlfriend! haha, can't believe I just typed that. And please don't stress about last week - I'm so sorry for your loss and I think it's fine if you didn't do as well as you would have liked.

Ruby said...

AHHH my heart just melted seeing your little one pray! That is just the most amazing thing ever!