Saturday

It doesn't get easier, You just get better!



It's been five/six weeks since I got serious about reclaiming my health. Since then I have started eating healthier, joined a gym, started Zumba and Cardio Boxing classes, started taking my lunch to work daily, saved money doing so, bought some pretty awesome new shoes, and a whole bunch of other fun stuff...

For the first time ever in my life, someone questions why I missed a day at the gym. My story before would be people questioning what I would be doing at such a place. I started taking Zumba and Cardio Boxing classes at the Y and I am really enjoying them. Not only am I getting a good workout in, but I am building relationships with women in similar situations as me. The gym has proven to be a friendly and welcoming place. Although the conversations I am having with these individuals is simply small talk, this is a big step for someone who doesn't have many people outside of my family and coworkers that I interact with. 



In the past two weeks I have gained 2.2lbs and then lost the 2.2lbs. I expected the gain since I had been sick and I knew my body would have to recoop before going on. Even though overall it's a wash, I can totally see a difference in my energy and endurance levels. This morning my husband, son, and I went for a beautiful morning walk along the Monterey Bay. We did 4 miles in an hour pushing our son along in his stroller. It was a great accomplishment for me to even have had the thought to do such a thing, and then to conquer it and still have energy to go on with the rest of my day. 


The discovery of inner strength has been surprising to me, and I am very much loving the woman that I am unleashing.



This little smile is all of the inspiration that I need
to continue strong on days that I find myself weak.



Until next time!

3 comments:

says.Alisha said...

Girl keep up the good work..! I am really happy when ppl say they are going to do things they stick to it..! girl when your whole family is in to it along with you it makes it easier and happier as well..!
_Bright

Laura said...

I am so happy for you. And proud and inspired. I love that you are really doing it and that you are vulnerable enough to put it online.

Ruby said...

You can do it!!!