Saturday

Turkey Time


We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have. -Frederick Keonig
I hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving Holiday with your loved ones, our family had a really great day! It's been a crazy couple of weeks around this wacky little house and it was nice to have an evening of relaxation and the company of our loved ones.



I have made a list of some of the things that I am especially grateful for this year.

  • The safe return of my Tia Irene. She was missing for a week, and we found her over 100 miles away, unharmed.
  • The support of our community during that very trying time.
  • My near perfect husband. He has been such a great supporting spouse, and he always makes me feel his love. 
  • My cutie pie of a son. His every moment is proof to me that miracles are all around us, we just need to embrace them and recognize them as such.
  • My mommy and rest of my family, they are the greatest team I could ask for.
  • Alonzo's Day Care and his backup Day Care center. Both places love him so much, and it is a great feeling leaving him with people that I can trust wholly. He loves his Mary so very much and all of his day care pals.
  • My job. I am so thankful for a place to return to day after day, for the knowledge that they have shared with me and for being a company with a heart and compassion for it's employees.
  • The Happiness Project and Happier at Home. These books have changed my life. I am a better mother and wife now because of them.
Happy Holiday season to you all, I know these next few weeks can be tough, but they also have the possibility to be magical. Hang on to the spirit that is floating around in the area.

No comments: