Sunday

Embrace

[this is a picture i did not take 
of brave golden trees poking through
an emerald field and misty sky.]

A few days ago as we approached the freeway on ramp, I was awestruck by a dense population of trees poking out of the fields just across the lanes. I suppose those trees are there everyday, but this morning happened to be misty and the clouds came down low over the mountains. All of the Earths focus seemed to be on those forgotten trees.

Day after day I drove right past them, but due to the overwhelming amount of sky and mountains, I never saw what was there in the foreground.

I think that this happens a lot in life. At least in mine. Too much space, too much beauty, too much room to dream, and you start to overlook the blessed reality that is near.

Embrace.

No comments: