Wednesday

oh, the places you'll go

Today I leave for a mini-business trip, I was a little nervous last night, but today I feel much better. I know I rarely speak of my work life, but I actually have a pretty awesome job. I sell seed for a living and it makes me happy. I have customers around North America and pretty much help setup their orders and help them out with whatever I can. I especially love my smaller customers, a lot of them do so much for their communities and are so socially responsible, it is inspiring. 

Since starting at my work I have become much more aware of how my food is grown and it has made me a huge advocate for the organic lifestyle and clean foods. I have returned to my vegetarian lifestyle and I'd say at least 50% of the food we consume is organic and if we see an organic option we select it. We have a ways to go, but it is something that is now on our minds.

Aside from the awesomeness of the people and companies that I work with, this job has also brought some interesting traveling opportunities. Early this year I went on a week long trip to Amsterdam/Enkhuizen, and today I am flying to San Diego for a meeting in Southern California. I feel like I make a difference, and it is a good thing to feel. 

I feel truly blessed to be where I am in my life. My house may not be spotless, my hair is always a mess, and I have medical bills and student loans I wish I could make disappear, but I also have a great support system, a job that appreciates my efforts, a group of wild cheerleaders that I get to coach, and my church family that have invited me to lead their children in their spiritual growth. 

Tomorrow I turn 30, and I finally feel like the responsible, hard working daughter, friend, wife, and mother that I always hoped I would be. You only get one life, take each moment that you are asked to live and truly live it to it's fullest potential. You will be a happier person with a fruitful life, and everyone wins.



5 comments:

Laura said...

Thank you for this post - I love the glimpse into your life and your attitude about turning 30 is great...happy birthday!! Welcome to 30. And what neat travel opportunities.

Melissa Libertad said...

Happy Birthday Jess!!! :)

C. Hayes said...

That's amazing! Just the other day I was wondering what my life would look like at 30 and if I spend enough time investing in myself and my dreams. It's good that you are at a happy place and you've clearly learned to appreciate the true essence of things. Have fun on your trip & Happy life day!!

Besos,
C.

Jenny said...

Wonderful post. It's good you're happy with where you're at and you appreciate what you have. I hope you have a great trip!

XOXO.

Elizabeth from Dear Little Bee said...

Hey Jayka!

I am hosting a giveaway. Stop by my blog ♥