Tuesday

she was old school and i was just a shorty



"Hip-Hop, you the love of my life."

That is pretty much how I felt the last 15+ years of my life. Hip-Hop is so much to me, and this weekend I got to share a little bit of that love with my son. This weekend we attended Rock the Bells and it was simply AMAZING. It was hecka hot, but other than that, it was a prefect day.





I am so happy that I got to share this moment with him, even if he will never remember being there, I will be sure to tell him all about it. The greatest part was that his Godmother Laura, and Abraham (his honorary Godfather), along with his Uncle Angel, all got to share this memory with us. For baby boy's first concert he got to vibe to Souls of Mischief, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Nas, AZ, Lauryn Hill, our very favorite Big Lonnie aka COMMON and so many more artists. The beauty of watching Common preform I Used to Love H.E.R. is something that I will be sure he grows up to appreciate.


5 comments:

mama bear said...

Awe! these photos are super nice! Alonzo looks adorable :)

Laura said...

LOVE. Your post makes me think of Brown Sugar, but without all the cheating. I love Common, too, but my favorite is Come Close.

with.love.la said...

awww...

love, keys said...

amazing! i am so jealous of alonzo LOL

Ruby said...

That is awesome! I always like to tell little man that he was made by listening to the roots still he doesnt understand but wow Mos Def Talib and common for his first concert!!! AMAZING!