Thursday

Here I am, Lord


Yesterday twenty-four of our fabulous students celebrated their Confirmation, and I could not be more proud of them. My husband and I have taught confirmation classes since the first year of our marriage, and every year it is so amazing to see the spiritual growth of our students, and the smiles on their faces once they make it to this day.

My faith is very important to me, and the community that I grew up in has always held such a special place in my heart, this combination has drawn me to youth ministry in our church. Luckily, I have a husband who is willing to share his time and faith with the youth as well.

Last night as we sat in front of the church witnessing this moment, I had so many positive feelings swirling around in my heart. I truly encourage everyone of you to find a place in your community to become involved with. Although we give up most of our weekends, and spend several days in meetings and training's, it is worth every moment of my time. We receive no monetary rewards, but the joy in these students faces is all of the pay that we need.

Congratulations class, we love each of you, and look forward to having you come back and help out with next years classes!

2 comments:

love, keys said...

must have been such an amazing and special moment. <3

mama bear said...

I agree with Keys. to know you changed someone's life is a great feeling!