Saturday

The Growing Little Boy


We are now officially two months old. It is crazy when I look back and recall all of the special moments that we have shared. I feel like Alonzo has always been a part of my life, and there is no way that I could imagine my life without him. Becoming a mother is a lot more about discovering myself than I would have guessed.

I feel like over the past two months I have become a much more patient and compassionate person. I have also learned that all of those little things that I've spent the last twenty-eight years of life stressing over, they totally aren't worth the grey hair and headaches. My kitchen may look a lot more "lived in" than pre-baby, but that is just fine with me.

Alonzo has been doing some serious G-R-O-W-I-N-G! My baby boy is now a non-stop smiley face, and he loves talking with mommy and daddy. Bath time has been lots of fun, he takes showers with mommy sometimes, and the other times we wash him up in his little tub. This baby loves the water, I can't wait to take him to visit his family in Bakersfield so that we can get him in the pool.

I love that he is become a little chunky monkey because I feel like I can cuddle him a little more without being afraid of squishing him. He acts like such a big boy already it's kinda funny. Alonzo now has his favorite blanket that he loves to cuddle with and he has a little blanket buddy that he hugs and talks to. I love this sweetie pie, right now he is sleeping in my arms as I type this, it is perfect.


Over the past month, one of the days that stands out the most to me was when Alonzo had his first sleepover without his mommy and daddy. He stayed over night with his godmother Stephanie and his little cousins. That night I felt so strange not having him in the car on the way home, or rocking him to sleep that night. The next morning I realized that it isn't our little ones that we have to worry about, it's the mommies and daddies. I felt scared wondering if he could make it through, if we could make it through, then I realized that what I was really afraid of was Baby Boy not needing me. By the time we picked him up, I came to see that him not needing me was a positive thing, and when we walked in to the house, you could truly see in his eyes that he was happy to see us. I would rather him want to see us than need to see us. I was so proud of him, and of us.

Oh the things that we have yet to experience, I am so ready for this... I think.

6 comments:

Char said...

What an adorable little boy. I have a 5 month old little girl and a 3 year old girl. They grow up so quickly. I am your newest follower from the 400 followers club. Please come follow me at www.funfrugalmommy.blogspot.com

mama bear said...

oh em gee! I cannot sleep without my daughter, I'll go nuts, and I have a little crush. Alonzo is a cutie!

Melissa said...

He is such a cutie! He gets cuter by the day!!! :) I love chubby babies :D

Normies said...

Oh, your son is adorable! Enjoy it, it all goes by lightning fast!

Call Me Bright ッ said...

he is growing up soo fast he is soooo cute... these are the best moments Enjoy them...
Bright

Monique said...

I am so unbelievably happy for you and your little family. xoxo

p.s. your baby boy is sooooooo cute!!