Friday

Closing Doors and Opening New Ones

via weheartit

I have learned that by leaving too many doors open, one big gust of wind could sweep through and have them all slam shut on your fingers, literally, and it hurts! This was a lesson my poor little brother taught us, because unfortunately it was his tiny fingers that got smashed the last time this happened. If it hadn't had been my tiniest brother that this happened to, I am not sure that I would have remembered the incident.

Reflecting back on that moment, I realize the same is true for the metaphorical doors in our lives. In the past it has been especially hard for me to close doors behind me. There is the fear of losing the memories of your past, the uncertainty of walking down the hallway alone until you find the the next unlocked door, or just plain greed of living every life, every moment at once. It has been proven to me that when I carry around the past, it prevents me from fully living out the present, and pursuing the future. I have had times when leaving too many doors open has caused stories to be crossed and people to be hurt because I could not let go of something that no longer had any purpose being in my life. Needless to say, I now a participant of the closing doors movement.

[entering New Door]

I am a different person today than I was yesterday, and most certainly different than the person I was those years back when I had started my last journaling adventure. Because of this new time, I am ready to begin this journey fresh. Some of my past readers will be lost, but I may find new friendships within these journals. I am thrilled to begin, yet I have no idea where to start. I guess we can just go ahead and jump right in... Let us see where this journey will take us.

No comments: